What is IAATI?
The International Association of Auto Theft Investigators (IAATI) was formed in the United States in 1952 in order to improve communication and coordination among professional auto theft investigators.
It has grown to over 3,671 members representing over 52 countries and includes representatives of law enforcement agencies, as well as many others with a legitimate interest in auto theft investigation, prevention and education. More information can be found at www.iaati.org.
IAATI recognises that our most effective weapon to combat the crime of auto theft is cooperation. IAATI has actively pursued this by providing its members with an array of experience, training and resources in areas such as technical developments, trends, intelligence information and investigative assistance. Through IAATI we are able to pool our resources in order to achieve our common interests, and better serve our communities.
IAATI is dedicated to developing and encouraging the highest professional standards of conduct among auto theft investigators, while providing an infrastructure for those dedicated individuals to broaden their knowledge and develop the crucial business networks with local and international colleagues.
IAATI consists of five US based chapters and four international branches including the Australasian Branch. Visit the web sites of the chapters and branches by using the links below.
The Australasian Branch was founded in 1993 by Sergeant Sue Maxwell of the Queensland Police Service and Senior Constable Craig Petterd of the Australian Federal Police. The Australasian Branch currently has 601 members from across Australia and New Zealand.
2013-14 Office Bearers and Committee
- President : Mark Bennedick - Suncorp Insurance, Queensland. Telephone: 07 3330 0341 - 0418 791 053
- Vice President : John Hambridge - Maurice Kerrigan & Associates, Queensland
- Vice President : Amanda Gleeson - NKG, New South Wales
- Vice President : Angharad McCormack - New Zealand Crash Investigations, New Zealand
- Immediate Past President : Dennis Connor - Investigations Manager/Risk Management Security Consultant, South Australia
- Executive Director : Keith Schmidt - Queensland Inspection Services, Queensland
- Media Liason : Dennis Connor - Investigations Manager/Risk Management Security Consultant, South Australia. Telephone: 0417 808 466
- Ian Gunthorpe - Queensland Police Service, Queensland
- Todd McCormack - New Zealand Crash Investigations, New Zealand
- Angharad McCormack - New Zealand Crash Investigations, New Zealand
- Emily Scanlan - CSI Investigations, Western Australia
- Paul Thomas - Attorney Generals Department, South Australia
- Andy Waterman - New South Wales Police Force, New South Wales
- Mark Pollard - F.I.R.E.S., South Australia
- Frank Colborne - Quantum Corp, New South Wales
- Jim Manser - Manser Fire and Marine, Western Australia
- Matt Taylor - New South Wales Police Force, New South Wales
- Dorothy Phillips - A & G Insurance Services, Queensland
- Eddy Langmair - The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure, South Australia
Code of Ethics
- I will, as an auto theft investigator, regard myself as a member of an important and honorable profession.
- I will conduct both my personal and official life so as to inspire the confidence of the public.
- I will not use my profession and my position of trust for personal advantage or profit.
- I will regard my fellow investigators with the same standards as I hold for myself.
- I will never betray a confidence or otherwise jeopardize their investigations.
- I will regard it my duty to know my work thoroughly.
- It is my further duty to avail myself of every opportunity to learn more about my profession.
- I will avoid alliances with those whose goals are inconsistent with an honest and unbiased investigation.
- I will make no claim to professional qualifications, which I do not possess.
- I will share all publicity equally with my fellow investigators, whether such publicity is favorable or unfavorable.
- I will be loyal to my superiors; to my subordinates and to the organization I represent.
- I will bear in mind always that I am a truth-seeker, not a case-maker.
Branch Website Policies
As IAATI is a not-for-profit organisation or membership and seminar registration fees are kept as low as possible to encourage as many members as possible to participate in our events. Because our fees are as low as possible we are not able to offer group discounts. However, the Branch is required to guarantee the venue a minimum number of delegates prior to the seminar, therefore discounted early bird registration rates will generally be offered to members who register early.
When registering for IAATI training seminars the registration fee includes only the cost of training, and catering as specified on the registration form. While IAATI does endeavour to secure discounted accommodation rates with the host venue, delegates are responsible for their own travel and accommodation arrangements.
All of our prices are in Australian dollars (AUD) and include GST (Goods and services tax) where applicable.
If you are making a credit card payment from a country outside Australia, for security reasons you must first advise your banking institution of the impending charge and authorise them to allow the charge from Australia to go through. Allow up to 48 hours (this is due to the time difference between our countries).
Customer Service Policy
The IAATI Australasian Branch is committed to providing exceptional customer service and quality products. We endeavour to make sure that all services listed on our website are described accurately. We aim to respond to all faxes and emails within 48 hours of receipt. In the event that any training seminar is fully booked then you will be notified with 48 hours and any payment processed fully refunded within 48 hours. In such cases members will be asked if they wish to be included a cancellation list.
Membership and renewal fees: The Australasian Branch will not process your membership payment until after your application for membership has been approved. Once your application has been approved and payment processed no refunds will be provided. There will be no refunds provided once renewal fees have been processed.
2013 Seminar registrations: Cancellations must be notified in writing to the seminar committee using the email address listed on the registration form. Cancellations received prior to 5 April 2013 will receive a full refund less a $70 administration. No refunds will be given for cancellation after 5 April 2013, however a substitute delegate is welcome at no extra charge. Please advise the seminar committee of the details of the substitute in writing prior to the commencement of the seminar.
When purchasing from IAATI Australasian Branch your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology.128-bit SSL encryption is the current industry standard. If you have any questions regarding our security policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org